1. Do something creative.
2. Learn something new - about work, life or a loved one.
3. Read a biography of a leader who intrigues you.
4. Give yourself think time as well as dream time.
5. Review and update job descriptions for yourself and everybody around you - schedule any and all meetings necessary to get job descriptions into their best shape and then schedule regular future meetings to review if you don't regularly review job descriptions already.
6. Ask yourself the $5 million question: If I could put $5 million behind my best idea, what would I make happen?
7. If you've got a pretty fixed schedule, play with odd office hours for a week, or once a quarter... If your hours are unpredictable, try fixing them for a week. If you're usually at the same desk every day, try working remotely for a change of perspective. Likewise, if you travel a lot, try staying planted for a week or a month.
8. Increase your bandwidth: delegate, drop or re-frame a to-do.
9. Don't should on yourself and don't should on anybody else.
10. Hire a leadership coach.
Leaderful Edge helps create the work you love, the life you want, and the world you want to live in. Our executive coaching not only helps
resolve persistent concerns, it helps
- close the gaps between where you are and where you want to be
- align life and livelihood
- develop legacy leadership.